Thursday, May 27, 2010

All Things Good Must Come to an End....

As I am writing this - I am actually watching the Grand Finale of American Idol - Season 9 - which also marks the departure of the much loved (or hated - it's a thin line between the two) of the eccentric judge - Simon Cowell.

                                          The Winner of Season 9

The show today is as much about Simon as it is about the crowning of America's Idol. Simon looked genuinely emotional - especially upon seeing his eye candy (that will be Paula!). I'm not sure how the series will fare - once Mr Mean is not there anymore - I mean, I always look forward to his comments - which I typically find less credulous than the others (don't let me start on Ellen!). 

                                              The One and Only

All good things will (eventually) come to an end....This month also marks the departure of my beloved obsessive compulsive detective. Yup, I had to finally say sayonara to Monk.....it was a bitter sweet...I will miss him terribly...I will miss his eccentricity - I will miss his lame jokes - I will even miss Randy's lame jokes! But (luckily) they make the last episode to be such heart warming. What with Monk finding the killer of the Trudy, Natalie found love again - someone eerily resembles his departed husband, Her daughter away in Berkeley and even Randy promoted and in relationship - with Sharona! I shall get the DVD - just to make sure I revisit Mr Monk from time to time.....

                                                   Sayonara....

This month also mark the end of Heroes. The series that started with a bang - that showed so much promise - but somehow managed to fall flat by it's second season! I have to admit that I was Heroes crazy - by halfway thru second season - I started missing episodes - then finally I watched it when there is nothing else worth watching! 

                                       Heroes no more....
                               

With the departure of these favorites - the door is now open - for new series to tantalize viewers. For now, other than Glee - I am also a sucker for Leverage, House and Criminal Minds. And don't forget - Midsummer Murder (which never cease to amuse Mr Hubby)....

Till then...sayonara all....






1 comment:

  1. midsummer murder???? seyesly pren?????? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete