Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Gadgets



I am no techno-freak.
I don't leap to the the front of a store - just to score myself the latest gadget. It amuses me to see the long lines in front of the Apple Store - in anticipation of the iPhone 4. The chaos it created in Japan - the tech-savvy center of Asia (?). 


                                Motorola Droid - Another Trendsetter

But there is such a market for gadget obsessed beings. Probably some of them are really into the technicality of the gadgets, but some of them - I suspected - joined the bandwagon - just to be seen as cool! Or glamorous or special - whatever you call them - the trendsetters! 

Me, I just make sure I have just enough information before buying a gadget. My first handphone was a huge Erickson (circa 1997) which I got for free from Citibank. Then there were a slew of Motorola phones - bought under the affordable employee discounts program. Last year was my first venture into the world of non Motorola handphone with the purchase of a Sony Erickson phone - which was cheaper - with a 3.2M pixel cybershot quality camera.

I use my handphone mainly to call (and sms) hubby, my house and (mostly) take pictures. I don't actually listen to the music stored or play games on that tiny screen.


Recently hubby bought me my first Nokia. The only reason that we bought it was because of it's 5M pixel camera with Carl Zeiss lens! It was the latest model and much cheaper that the 5M SE - which is older. I love taking pictures and videos of the kids - and replayed them - with laughter with the whole family....

And I have to confess that I have been wanting to buy myself a netbook - for the mobility and low priced it offers. I can easily bring the small netbook on my balik kampung holidays and gets connected. 

I made sure I made my homeworks. Learnt - among other - that most of the netbooks are using Intel Atom processor 1.66 GHz. The specs are about the same - RAM, resolution, etc - varies mainly due to the different hard disk offered. Toshiba typically will set you around rm300 more than say, Dell, HP and Acer - I believe due to their sleeker physical look. Sony will set you back at least rm500 more - well, it's the name!




I finally bought one - and have not looked back.


Gadgets - you sure can't live without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment