Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The spate of suicides reported in our local dailies is indeed alarming. Not sure whether this is just a recent trend, or it has been around for some time - just without the intense highlights.

There's the case of the high school girl, supposedly posting out her intent online - only to be chided by her friends. This sound all too familiar. Haven't we heard of this tragedy over and over before. 




But the tragedy that really tugs into my heart is when is involves innocent life. The hapless. Children and babies who deserve to a chance in this world. Being a mother myself, I could never imagined throwing my babies off the 4th floor or feeding them rat poison. But then what do I know. They might have something terrible that drove them to this unfortunate act.

Let's just pray that we are spared from whatever misery that could cloud our judgement....and let our children have a glimmer of hope in this world that we are living.....



No comments:

Post a Comment