Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Temptations



In our daily life as mere mortals, we are often faced with temptations -  huge ones and itsy bitsy ones. That has proven to provide some of the more colorful characters you see walking on earth. People doing anything to try to  fulfill their temptations.

Working in an engineering company means that I am used to crunching numbers and reviewing nitty gritty details. What with the current trend of miniaturization and cost efficiency - this sometimes translated to hours of discussion on how to reduce 2mm of the height of your product.

Where are you going with this, you ask? Well, this just means that I appreciate the work that engineers do - the (brilliant and tedious) work of innovations that goes behind a function.  Try getting your Magnesium chassis to pass 48 hours salt fog test and pressure cooker test. and you'll know what I mean. So it is normal that I am awed by products that is ATEX and IPX compliant, a product that is so tough - it is nicknamed 'gorilla glass'. 

Which brings me back to the temptation thingy. I see a new gadget with gorilla glass, is water and dust resistant, and flips and back-flips - temptation flocks in. Whether or not I succumbed to the temptation, well that is my lil secret....





No comments:

Post a Comment