Thursday, April 22, 2010

An Apple a Day...

10 mins inside the room, the lady cleaner came in and remarked 'Eh, you pernah datang sini kan?'. Yours truly smiled and nodded. Then came the ward assistant  - the minute she walked in, she declared - 'I know you...you have been here before...how's your daughter?' 

Hmm....when even the cleaners recognizes you - does that hints that you  have spent too much time here already ?? I have to confess - between myself and my daughters - we must have been quite a frequent fixture here. Having 4 growing up children means that the pediatrician is in our speed dial.  In fact a couple of years ago, the whole family was admitted courtesy of dengue!



And now even the emergency room nurses recognize my daughters - who have been been there a couple of times - for her dose of nebulizers.  Other than being adorable (?) and a chatterbox -  they, unlike others - enjoyed their time there...guess they are aware of the (good) effect of the meds.

I have been in and out of here a couple of times these last couple of years. I accepted this as Qada' and Qadar....and to me it also serves as a reminder - to Allah the Almighty.

I have been blessed so far.... with so many things to be thankful for. So what is a small thing as illness. Ini adalah salah satu cara Allah menguji hambaNya....

I remembered an incident - a long time ago. At that time I was in a hostel and was sick. I felt so vulnerable and alone - and were (secretly) crying. Then came one of my seniors - whom I respected very much - for she was a soft spoken and caring soul. She said to me 'Niza, jangan sedih...kalau sakit tu maknanye Allah sayang kita...nak menguji kita'.....Every time I got sick, I will remember her words...which never failed to comfort me...



I use this precious time alone to catch up on my reading. At home, with the kids and the idiot box, it's a struggle to properly read - let alone enjoy it. So whenever I am admitted, I'll make sure that I bring as many books as possible to the ward.

So when you are sick...please take it positively...there are bound to be a silver lining...you just have to have faith in HIM....







No comments:

Post a Comment