Friday, April 16, 2010

Idol in A Glimpse

This week is Top 9 of American Idol - which is already in its 9th season. I have been an ardent follower of this successful franchise...but to date, (personally) it  has been a disappointment.


Paula has left the - well, what do you expect - they included Kara last year - it's hint enough! The departure meant a new judge is needed - the job which landed on Ellen's lap. Is she any good, you ask ??? Well, I can't blame her - yeah, she has  award winning day talk show - but is that enough ? She loves music but does that mean she is well versed in the world of music? At least with Paula, you can hear encouragement and comments on fashion! Enough said!

         
                                             That was then


                                                   This is now

The contestants do not help either. They are soo...forgettable! At least on Season 8, by the top 10, you can already see what huge talent Glambert and Iraheta were! And they rocked - each week.

This year, I can't point my finger to any - that I really like. They are not at all consistent - except for mama Sox - but I just don't get her singing! Hubby said it is because I am distracted of her 'yellowish' set of chomper. I mean, there she is in a stage - in front of millions of Americans (and the whole world) - can't they  get her to a proper dentist and get those chompers whiten ? I have seen miraculous power of the orthodontist - thanks to series like 'makeover'.

I am no expert. Probably that is why I just don't get them! Initially people were full of praises for Garcia. His rendition of 'Straight Up' haunted him throughout his jurney in idol...he did not seem to be able to shake that expectation from the judges.

Others are not worth discussing here...just cut the chase and show us the top three - Crystal (Bowersox), Lee (Deweyze) and Casey (James)...Wanna bet ???




No comments:

Post a Comment