Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Emma

Since the conference ended early yesterday, I had the opportunity to be home by 5pm. While flipping channels (and after winning an argument with the kids - and convincing them that running around in the playground is better) I came across 'Emma'.

I have to admit, I am a sucker to Jane Austin type of romances. Those yester years love story seems so hopelessly romantic....hhmmm.....I guess that's what you turned into - being literally fed with Mills and Boon books - in which the heroes are so chivalrous. Coming back to Emma, I simply lurve Mr Knightley. From the beginning, I sensed that he will be the ONE - and off course it turns out to be the case! He is oh, sooo...handsome and sooo..English in his manners. Charming, I must say. He reminds me of another English gentleman, Colin Firth - as the (eventual) boyfriend of Bridget (Bridget's diary). I used to adore Hugh Grant of the 4 Weddings' fame - but the back lane (or was it back seat) scandal turned me off.

Mr hubby likes to tease me - about my preference of Hallmark channel - implying that it reflects who I am (basically older than him, lah!) Sometimes when I noticed that the series are already in their 5th or 10th mins, he will just laugh - and said that I won't miss anything. And I do have to agree with him. These English series are - most of the them, anyway - awfully slow paced. Some of the shows I love includes Doc Martin and Midsomer Murder. Even the kids know it.

One of my favorite romantic book was - oh my, I can't remember the title now ! Let me look it up first...

No comments:

Post a Comment