Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Event Management - Technical Symposium 2009


I am first and foremost an engineer. But this year, due to some circumstances, I was thrust with organizing one of the most prestigious event in the company. Yeah, it is a technical event...but oh, so many non technical stuff to deal with. With limited budget and limited headcount - it is soo...difficult to get volunteers - I had to oversee almost everything. Incidentally, most of my team members are junior engineers, who are not used to driving a team...not used to being empowered to make decisions....sigh.


But I made it! I mean the event was a success. At least that was the general feedback that I got. The 2 sponsors were impressed. There were a lot of sharing activities which kept the audience occupied. And on top of that - my paper was also selected for technical presentation - which itself was an honor to me! Now that the symposium is over, I make it my mission to ensure that my team is duly recognized. I will make sure that the sponsors agree for a lunch treat to the team. That will be a tough one....hmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment