Friday, December 18, 2009

2009 Reflections

Today is Maal Hijrah - Muslim's New Year. It makes Muslim (or at least me) stop and reflect back. Counting our blessings and wondering whether have we done enough as His slave ? Have we worked hard enough to be a better person ? How do we strive to be better ? Hmmm.....

It's a holiday today - and with the rain, the weather is so soothing. It's like a blessing from Allah - from the start of the new year. We had a hectic day today. First it was the hunt for some house appliances. Seems that the faithful ol' fridge will have a partner. And being a warehouse sale, there are bound to be drama! We have already selected a display unit - wrote down the receipt and scout around for other stuff - only to be told - when we were about to pay - that the fridge has been sold to somebody! Off course Mr Hubby made as scene, since were were the first to book the fridge. How could he sell it off some body else ! After much negotiation, we opted for another model (off course the more expensive ones) - in which RM50 was cut from the original price(already cheap - since it is a display model - but with no dent and scratches).

In the afternoon, it was off to another warehouse sale. I was deeply disappointed - should I ? I mean I had anticipated it - but being me, I still was. Anyway, most of the items were tens of seasons ago (not last season). Most of the items look tired. But that does not deter me to grab a few shirts for my kids and maid. Nothing to shout about.

It's going to be a busy weekend. It's 3D Avatar with the kids tomorrow. Then there is the 'back to school' buying spree - from books, to uniforms, to shoes, etc. Then on Sunday - the much overdue lunch treat for My Hubby and kids. Opsss...and I have not tackled the preparation for our Malacca trip. We are taking the kids for a much deserved holiday - during Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment